Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Scope of this Policy:
What information does Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic collect?
When you register your pet in surgery you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information. You may also be requested to give your details for other reasons. These details are collected either in person or by telephone to help us:
• Register your details as a new client or update your details if they change
• Make appointments
• Process the fees due for any treatment
• Contact you about your pet, your account or credit status where required;
• Deliver a safe and secure service by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
• Enhance your experience by delivering a more personally tailored service;
• Notify you about changes to our service. We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to the Website.
What we do with the information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, client evenings, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address or other details to a third party without your consent.
In addition, Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic will not send you emails that you have not agreed to receive or without the option to unsubscribe from receiving further emails. If you are a member of our mailing list, you may be contacted with practice news, event information or details about new products or services.
With each html email sent, you have the option of ‘unsubscribing’ from our mailing list at any time, thereby disabling any further such email communication from being sent. If you decide in the future that you do not want to receive such information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01787 269006 to change your preferences.
By using our Website and by using the services provided within Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic, you understand and agree that personal information you provide will be held on a database created and operated by us and/or other selected third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic will only disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary.
Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. A list of such parties can be found at the end of this document.
Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How we protect your information:
• Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change; and
• Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Statement on the use and disclosure of Personal Data:
We may send you by sms, email or post, details on offers, products, reminders and services which may be of interest to you. We may also telephone you to discuss treatment details or for market or service research.
We may use for the purpose of promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide any comments or feedback (excluding personal data) which you post publicly or provide, without notice or without any fee being paid.
How long will you store my data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When there has been no activity on your account for 10 years we will then anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise your right not to receive marketing information at any time by clicking the link on the bottom of each email or contacting us on 01787 269006.
You have a right to access the personal data about you that is held by us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at the following address Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic, Catley Cross, Halstead, Essex, CO9 2PE.
You have a right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
You have a right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Changes to this Policy:
Catley Cross Veterinary Clinic reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations. This version was last updated May 2018.
Time limit to respond:
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one week. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
List of External Third Parties:
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Royal Mail and Courier services.
• Depending on your marketing preferences, we may engage third party email and sms providers.
• Insurance companies.
• Referral Veterinary Clinics.
• Other Veterinary surgeons.
• External Laboratories.
• Social media publishers.
• Drug companies.
• Debt collection agencies.